Pet Pawties In A Box Posting Page
Sunday, July 1, 2012
Woofie, My Friends!

My Brother, Buddy (17 years)
*Phew*, The temperature has dropped from the high 90's to the high 70's and Mistress is baking a cake for Buddy who's turning 17! Woof! Now, that's a celebration! I'll sing Happy Birthday with my high-pitched howling that can break glass! (not really, but that's what Mistress says).

When Buddy was 11 years old, Mistress rescued him from a kill shelter where his death was imminent, and he's been happy here ever since. Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I'm a little jealous of Buddy because our Master (Louis) carries him around - a lot - and speaks endless baby talk to him! What is Louis thinking? I'M the baby! I know this is true because Mistress tells me everyday. I show my disproval by twirling, and climbing on Buddy when he's put down. Buddy doesn't play, period. Somedays he has trouble walking, so I climb on him for attention as Mistress always picks me up to stop me! Did I tell you I was cunning?

We like it when Mistress bakes for us because it's a special treat. When she was perfecting her cake recipe there were always special treats, but now it's only on special occasions. The cake we love is so yummy because it has baby food chicken, and grated carrots (sometimes grated apples), and NO SUGAR! It's a good thing Mistress doesn't put sugar in her recipes because my brother, Roo, has very stinky breath already! Do you want to try her recipe too? You can find the Doggy Cake Recipe and make one too.

Mistress is making Buddy's cake in the shape of a Large Bone, and will frost it with plain yogurt and low fat cream cheese (whipped together). We've been promised we can slurp the bowl, and we're all anxious to begin! We all show our excitement in different ways - I twirl, Roo sings a little melody that comes from his throat, and Sascha's tail doesn't stop moving. Her tail doesn't wag, it goes in circles like a propeller and she barks so hard her head snaps back - it's a sight to behold! We could become a novelty act...think about it.... I twirl, Roo sings, and Sascha barks in rhythm to her twirling tail - all to the tune of, "We ain't nothin' but Hound Dogs"...wop wop wop...(my apolagies to Elvis).
*Pout* - the cake won't be ready until later, so I think I'll go and cause trouble by climbing on Buddy...

Love and Slurps,
Nathan, The Dachshund





by: Pet Pawties In A Box

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]